Web-Finds of the Day
We got back from our Southern Utah trip late last night.
Last week we were hiking in Zion National Park where we stayed at the Lodge. (Very cool to be in the park at night!)
After some fun hiking for a few days we drove to Cedar City to see some plays (Macbeth and Much Ado About Nothing)(Wonderful!!!) at the Utah Shakespearean Festival. Oh, and my FIL had his 50th high school reunion on Monday.
*Fun fact: My FIL's father was crucial to getting the Utah Shakespeare Festival (which started in 1961) to ever even happen. He was the President of SUU from 1955-1978.
Also, there is a Fine Arts Gallery named after him. Pretty cool.
Anyway, on to my cool Web-Finds!
1. In a light-spirited jest, I present this: "5 Green Life Lessons We Can Learn from Twilight 'Eclipse'" from re-nest.com.
(Did you see it? I really liked it. Hopefully I'll see it again this weekend.)
- Energy Efficiency
- Save Water and Detergent
- Get Moving, and Depend Less on Oil
- Support Your Local Community
2. "14 Home Hacks for Your Dishwasher" from unplggd.com. Including such ideas as cleaning make-up brushes, rinsing potatoes, switch plate and vent cover cleaning, computer keyboard rinse, sterilizing kid (and pet) toys, and even making a Dishwasher Lasagna!
3. "5 Around-the-Campfire Desserts" from ohdeedoh.com with ideas like Orange-Chocolate Cake, Raspberry and Chocolate Burritos, and a Campfire Banana-Split. There are some other fun ideas in the comments!
4. Have I mentioned that Pistachio Ice Cream is one of my all-time favorite treats? There is a Häagen Dazs location right in the plaza in Santa Fe, and whenever I get a scoop I'm in heaven! It's divine!!! So, when I came across Pistachio Gelato from Annie's Eats (seriously, I love this woman and her amazing food!) I was elated. Can't wait to find a chance to make some!