Planned Thanksgiving Menu Contributions from Yours Truly and Husband
|Fall in Seattle - View from our Hotel last week.|
|Cabbage Roses at Pike Place Market|
Since I'm starting my cooking and prep today, I thought I'd share...
- Turkey: Ryan (and others willing to help). He's trying out a method in the most recent Cook's Illustrated mag - braised.
- Rolls: Ryan & Kylie. We're the bread people, and we like to make bread-y things. We're making some Rustic rolls and some classic American dinner rolls. Both of these recipes also from Cook's Illustrated.
- Sweet Potato Pie: Ryan. I requested a spin on traditional sweet potatoes, and he found this option. :)
- Layered Jell-O: Kylie. Last Christmas I made a rainbow layered-Jell-O. It was pretty awesome. For Thursday I'm making a layered Jell-O with reds, purples, and blue.
- Yum-Yum Bacon: Kylie. Bacon slices with mustard and brown sugar. A bite of happiness. These were served at my wedding reception.
- Zippy Italian Popcorn: Kylie. We need a pre-dinner snack, right?
- White Chocolate Popcorn: Kylie. Because I want to eat some, and I'm pretty sure others will, too.
If successful, I'll supply recipes (and hopefully a photo or two) after the feast. Happy Thanksgiving!